- BEFORE: Underpinning now complete, the single-thickness wall between the garage and the kitchen.
- DURING: The second skin is built on what will become a supporting wall.
- Note the new lintel which spans the section of wall from the up-and-over door to the electricity meter. This section of wall will not be double-thickness so as not to foul the door, and to avoid moving the meter.
- Breaking through into the loft above the kitchen.
- Gable wall has been removed.
- AFTER:Gable wall has been rebuilt as the new outside wall above is completed.
- To satisfy building regulations, the new wall has to be insulated...
- ...and then plasterboarded and plastered. We have also had plumbing and mains power put in so we can move the washing machine into the garage.
- View towards the back, note the back wall has also been insulated and plastered.