- BEFORE: The original units and tiles which we installed as soon as we moved into this house in January 2000.
- DURING: We removed the old units ourselves so they could be reused, some in the garage and some to Auntie Clare. Note the hatch into the lounge, which we plan to fill in.
- The hatch has been filled in and some electrics have been moved ready for repositioning the oven.
- The new carcases start to go in. The tall unit near the door will house the new oven. The old gas hob is still usable, but a bit precarious!
- New carcases on the other side of the room. The sink is now in the back garden!
- Full view of the room, looking towards the back garden.
- New dishwasher is installed and operational. The old sink has made a miraculous reappearance in time for the Easter weekend!
- All the units on one side will have large drawers instead of traditional cupboards.
- Cracked floor tiles where the suspended wooden floor meets the solid concrete floor where the old back wall used to be before an earlier kitchen extension. For this reason, we are having to have new tiles on the floor.