- BEFORE: Rear view. Extension will fill half the roof area shown, coming right to the back.
- Closer view. Note the chimney and flue, both of which will be removed.
- The brick wall is an earlier extension to the kitchen, and there was some doubt whether this back wall had sufficient foundations.
- Closer view of back wall.
- DURING: Building inspectors required us to dig an inspection pit to confirm the status of the foundations.
- This was completed in a day, so I do not have a photo of the hole at it's full depth. Luckily the foundations were over 1m deep and satisfied the inspector.