- BEFORE: Garage floor with small inspection hole that was dug six years ago when we first thought about doing the extension. Note the mains electricity supply coming in to the meter.
- Full length of garage. The wall on the left needs to be underpinned and a second layer built as this is currently a single-storey wall that will eventually be the new outside wall upstairs.
- DURING: Pockets 1.2m cubed were dug alternately down the length of the wall, five in all.
- Note the six inch concrete slab which is all the wall was originally supported on.
- Note the amount of rubble dug out.
- Each pocket was then filled with concrete, the five pockets also have steel bars connecting them inside.
- Note mains power supply coming in.
- AFTER: Garage floor restored to it's former glory.